Remove excessive moisture from your home

Does your house suffer from excessive moisture? Do you find condensation puddles on windows, black mildew speckles on walls and ceilings, and/or mold in closets?

Sometimes moisture damage is not noticeable to the naked eye. For example, moisture may be building up in the walls and dampen insulation and rot wood framing. If left in the walls too long, the excess moisture can produce mold-stained wallboard, water-soaked insulation, or rotten wood framing that needs to be replaced and that can become very expensive.

To rid your home of the excessive moisture, here are just a few steps:

  1. The first step is one of the easiest – crack open a window to allow moist air to escape. If you have a basement, open windows on opposite side of the walls to create a cross breeze or place a fan (facing outside) in one of the openings.
  2. Turn down your humidifier or turn it off altogether. These appliances are a source of damaging water evaporation.
  3. When in the kitchen or bath, use the exhaust fans. If your family’s activities produce above-average moisture, like cooking large meals or taking excessive showers, then be sure to run the exhaust fans for even longer.
  4. Ensure your clothes are dry before storing them in a closet. In doing so, you will prevent mold and mildew from forming inside a closet.
  5. Contact the professional team at Ocean State to perform a thorough diagnosis and clean up of excessive moisture in the home. We’ll be happy to inspect ducts, walls, and closets and give you our personal recommendations to rid your home of excessive moisture.

To schedule your appointment with Ocean State, contact us today. We’ll also be happy to answer any questions you may have about excessive moisture and the best way to rid your home of it once and for all!

 

Leave a Reply


four + = 11